National Pet Day was founded in 2006 by Pet & Family
Lifestyle Expert, Animal Welfare Advocate? Colleen Paige, to celebrate the joy pets bring to our lives and to create
public awareness about the plight of many different kinds of animals awaiting a
forever home in shelters and rescues all around the globe.
Ways to Celebrate National Pet Day!
1. Adopt a pet from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization.
2. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to care for the animals.
3. Donate blankets, food and toys to a favorite animal welfare organization.
4. Organize a peaceful demonstration in front of your community pet store that
sells pets from puppy or kitten mills.
5. Have a National Pet Day party and celebrate all your pets!
6. Spend the day taking photos of your pets and then post them on our Facebook
Assist an ill, elderly or a financially struggling neighbor or friend by
purchasing pet food, hay or needed items for their pets.
Purchase a National Pet Day Tee Shirt ? to
express your devotion to all animals.?
Buy your pet a fun new toy....or two...or five.?
Post photos of your pets on social media using the hashtag #NationalPetDay